If your beard tends to grow patchy or messy, then it may be high time for you to opt for a clean shave. 2020 might have given you an excuse to keep off the razor, but now that places are starting to open up and vaccines have been rolled out, it’s time to shape up.
There are two main ways to cut or shave a beard, and that’s by wet shaving and electric shaving. Wet shaving refers to the removal of facial hair with the use of soap, cream, and water. Electric shaving, on the other hand, is what you commonly see in commercials where an electric razor and a shaving cream are used. If you want to know more about wet shaving, this website explains everything.
Some people still think that a beard is sexy, but a clean-shaven look is timeless. You can never go wrong with a clean cut. If you are still not convinced, below are some more reasons why you should go for a clean-shaven look this year:
It Makes You Look Younger
Unmaintained facial hair looks heavy and old, and it could cause discomfort and uneasiness too. Facial hair makes it difficult for the moisturizer to absorb into the skin, causing further dryness and dehydration. It makes your skin itchy, flaky, and rough, resulting in dreaded fine lines, cracks, and wrinkles.
That’s why some men prefer a bare face. Shaving makes you feel lighter and more hygienic. Aside from that, it helps facilitate a more effective skincare routine. Here’s how a clean shave helps you look younger:
- Gets Rid Of Dead Skin Cells: Clean shaving eliminates dead skin cells. Thick and dense facial hair makes shedding dead cells difficult. The skin becomes dry and looks dull if dead skin cells stick for a long time, causing itchiness, rashes, and dandruff. Shaving the beard pulls out hair follicles and dead cells. Thus, you can easily reveal new and healthier skin cells.
- Opens Clogged Pores: Facial hair clogs skin pores underneath. Secreted sebum and sweat don’t find a way out due to the extra hair. Neglecting your beard causes dirt and dust to stick and settle into your skin pores too, and may eventually lead to an infection. These problems can be prevented if you just maintain a clean-cut shave instead.
Helps You Save Time And Money
If you are growing a beard, you need to invest in grooming kits just to make it look presentable. In other words, it could be a bit high-maintenance. Must-have items for proper beard care include a beard oil, comb, wash, trimmers, and balm, among others. Needless to say, maintaining a beard demands a separate treatment routine altogether.
On the other hand, you won’t be needing a variety of beard care products if you just go for a clean shave. All you need is a razor and a shaving cream. You might as well have a clean-shaven face if you don’t have the energy and time to trim and maintain a beard.
More Employers Prefer A Clean Look
While discrimination based on looks is highly frowned upon in the workplace, some employers still prefer to hire workers who are clean-shaven, or at the very least, have a well-trimmed beard. This is especially true if you are looking to work in the food service industry where proper hygiene should be followed for health and safety purposes. Service-oriented industries may also be particular with the hygiene and grooming habits of their workers.
Shaving Tips To Remember
Shaving might seem like another dull chore, but maintaining a clean-cut is not exactly a problem since all you have to do is remove extra hair from your chin. But to achieve a good and clean shave without cutting yourself in the process, here are some important tips to remember:
- Soften Your Beard: Before using a razor or trimmer, make sure to soften your beard using warm water. Take advantage of a steamy warm bath to open up the pores for an easy clean shaving routine.
- Use Sharp Blades: This is the only way to achieve a clean and flawless trim. But remember, extra care and caution should be observed while using sharp blades or razors.
- Avoid Cuts And Nicks: Avoid exerting too much pressure while you shave. Go through the sides of your mouth carefully. You can also prevent cuts and nicks if you use high-quality shaving foam or razor.
- Go For A Second Shave: To ensure a nice, clean shave, go for a second round to cover all areas. It is highly recommended to shave with the grain on the first round, then shave against the grain during the second round.
Shaving your beard can easily give you a fresh, new look. Aside from that, revealing the skin helps remove dead cells more easily. A clean-shaven face is easier to moisturize, rejuvenate, and maintain. The best part? You don’t even need to spend a lot of time, effort, and money to maintain that look!