A mustache makes a bold statement and can become a signature to your look in no time when you wish to keep one. As small and easy to rule the upper lip area may look, a mustache is not an easy task- its length, volume, and all the irritation it comes with can be a tough one to deal with. The precision really matters when it comes to a mustache, and you need to get it right or deal with a whole lot of weird looks.
If you are someone that’s taking the liberty to trim your mustache at home, especially in these extraordinary times, don’t worry. This article will tell you all you need to know about mustache trimmers and how to use them. As we wish to make the process easier for you, let’s first jump in to know why you need a mustache trimmer first.
Why do I need a Mustache Trimmer?
Some people may think that a simple scissor will do, and a mustache is all about its length- but you’re wrong to think so. A mustache needs maintenance more than the length. The density of the hair and the even length make the most difference to your appearance. It is hard to cut evenly with a scissor; thus, go for a trimmer.
A trimmer gives you the liberty to decide what length you should go for while providing an even finish to the mustache. Its wider comb options help reduce the volume of the mustache and hence remove any sort of irritability. A trimmer is a quicker and more efficient alternative for regular scissors. It also comes in handy to trim the hair on other parts such as close to the ear or on the eyebrows, owing to its small size.
With that, let’s hop on to knowing the best mustache trimmers that you can get in the market!
1. Wahl Stainless Steel Mustache Trimmer #9818
Experienced and trusted in the grooming industry, Wahl has a reputation for a reason. Making trimmers that give the perfect cut and deliver great standards with more convenience, the cordless Wahl stainless steel mustache trimmer #9818 is one of the finest products for your mustache. Equipped with self-sharpening precision blades, the trimmer is made for long-lasting use and fine cutting.
Featuring 4 multipurpose attachments- a T-blade, Detail Shaver, Rotary Personal Trimmer, and a Detail Trimmer, make it give a variety of cuts and volume to the mustache in one go. Twelve combs come with the trimmer to provide you with options for length, including eight standard combs, from 6mm to 25mm, along with four stubble combs from 2mm to 8mm. Suiting all your needs, this trimmer is perfect for detailings after clipping, a mustache, goatee, or small detailings around the ear as well. The perfect travel choice – this trimmer comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery compatible with a dual voltage of both 110V and 220V international. Lasting about 4 hours on a single charge, it offers a one-minute quick charge every three minutes of use, and the power button flashes when a charge is needed. Suitable for dry use only, this trimmer comes with all the attachments and features that you could ask for in a hair trimmer, especially for detailing.
- Cordless trimmer with a lithium-ion battery that supports a dual voltage and lasts 4 hours on a single charge
- Offers quick charge of one-minute on every three-minutes of use
- Comes with 4 multipurpose attachments and 12 combs for length combinations
- Perfect for detailings on hair anywhere on the body due to small size
- Self-sharpening and long-lasting blades
- Perfect size for travel
- Suitable to gift
- Suitable for dry use only
2. Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 7000
The all-in-one trimmer- the Philips Norelco Multigroom Series 7000 is a 23 piece trimmer set that is equipped with all you will need for the perfect beard finish or mustache trimming. With a powerful 5-hour runtime on a single charge, its powerful lithium-ion battery delivers a strong cut. For convenience, the trimmer can also be used with a cord making it a perfect combination of power and precision. It comes with 14 trimming guards; the blades are capable of bending and buckling and facilitate different lengths of hair length cuts.
With the famous Philips Dual Cut technology, which includes 2x more blades that brush against one another, they are self-sharpening as they work. This retains the sharpness of the blades even after 3 years of use. Being fully washable, the trimmer is not waterproof, but all parts are individually washable, facilitating easier cleaning. A stainless steel frame makes it durable and rust-proof. The full-metal motor is efficient, and the trimmer has a foil shaver for fine lines, acts a nose and ear trimmer, and also has an extra-wide hair trimmer with all the attachments that it comes with.
- 23 piece trimmer set with 14 trimming guards for different lengths.
- 5-hour runtime on a single charge
- Comes in both corded and cordless options
- DualCut technology has 2x more blades that can bend
- Self-sharpening and rust-[roof stainless steel blades
- Includes a foil shaver for fine lines
- Perfect for a mustache, wide hair trimming, nose, and ear hair trimming
- Stainless steel durable body and motor
- Is not waterproof
3. Panasonic ER-GB40-S Cordless Mustache Trimmer
Equipped with precision 45-degree blades, this trimmer from Panasonic is the perfect one for a man with a mustache. Using durable and sharp stainless steel blades placed at an angle of 45-degrees, these hypoallergenic blades cut quickly and efficiently owing to the powerful motor. The trimmer features an adjustable beard trimmer dial; the product offers 19 precision settings for trimming, cutting, and detailing.
Its sleek stainless steel body and ergonomic, rubberized grip give you a perfect feel while holding the product in your hand. Reach all sides and corners of your head comfortable with its ultra-smooth grip. Clean the trimmer in a flash while putting it under warm water and oil the blades regularly for convenient and efficient use. While in cordless operation, use the trimmer for up to 50 minutes in a single charge with its rechargeable Ni MH battery power that takes 15 hours to charge fully. Being convenient in all aspects, all accessories are travel-size, including a cleaning brush and AC charging stand that fits easily in any luggage for travel.
- Precision stainless steel 45-degree blades
- Hypoallergenic blades that are self-sharpening
- Features an adjustable beard trimmer dial, with 19 precision settings for hair lengths
- 50 minutes continuous runtime in a single charge
- Compact and travel-size accessories
- Ergonomic, rubber grip
- Fully-washable parts
- 15 hour charging time
- Not waterproof
4. HATTEKER RFC-588 Trimmer
Being one of the giants in the business, this 5-in-1 multi-functional grooming kit from Hatteker is made to deliver precision shaving in all aspects, including the beard, hair, nose, and body. The slide switch on the precision trimmer adjusts the cutting length with options from 0.8mm to 1.8mm. The product includes an adjustable beard trimmer comb that helps adjust hair length ranging from 3mm to 6mm when being used in full size and 4 hair trimmer combs from 6mm to 15mm for beard trimming or hair cutting. That’s not all; it also features another adjustable comb that features length from 1mm to 10mm for a detailed trimmer, styling your beard and body hair as per your convenience.
With the stainless steel moving and standing blades running together, the product has a precision gap, yet runs close to the skin, providing more pruning and lower friction that prevents heating and doesn’t dry out your skin. Featuring USB fast charging, the trimmer delivers 60 minutes of continuous shaving time and takes only about 1.5 hours to charge. High performance can be achieved with its long-lasting lithium-ion battery making it is perfect for travel purposes. With all parts being washable, the beard trimmer comes with a with blade guard, a body trimmer head, a hair trimmer head, a precision trimmer head, a nose trimmer head, a charger, a charging dock, 6 guide combs, a barber comb, styling comb, cleaning brush, and an instruction manual. You are bound to achieve perfection with all these attachments.
- Stainless steel self-sharpening rust-resistant blades
- Multiple beards trimming combs for almost everything ranging from facial to head hair
- 60 minutes of continuous charge on a 1.5 hour charging time
- Moving and standing blades prevents heating and friction
- Comes with trimming attachments, charger, and all needed accessories
- Washable parts
- Slide-switch for height adjustments
- Has a tendency to catch on hair and have them stuck in the trimmer
5. Philips Norelco Series 7200 Mustache Trimmer
Featuring the latest integrated vacuum system technology, this trimmer from
Philips is capable of catching up to 90 percent of cut hair, leaving your grooming space clean. A powerful motor with a high-velocity motor and fan system, the product creates a powerful suction that lifts and captures hair after being cut off. This innovative lift and trim technology, and the self-sharpening steel blades are designed to cut every hair to the last inch of detail. The trimmer offers 20 built-in length settings that are accessible with the turn of its zoom wheel that gives you any desired length from 0.5 mm to 10 mm.
The cordless trimmer features an advanced lithium-ion battery that delivers maximum power for and takes 1 hour to fully charge and gives 80 minutes of continuous runtime on that single charge, and can also be used while charging. With 20 precision length settings and washable equipment, the corded and cordless trimmer delivers detailed click-on precision trimming.
- 20 built-in length settings accessible in the turn of a zoom wheel
- Lift and trim technology leaves surroundings clean and captures up to 90% of the hair
- Stainless steel self-sharpening rust-proof blades
- Works both corded and cordless
- Delivers 80 minutes of runtime on an hour of charge
- Click-on precision trimming
- Not waterproof
- Need emptying mid-shave for more hair
6. Remington MB4040 Trimmer
Titanium-blades that are swift on the skin and cut like a pro are just the beginning of the great attachments on this mustache trimmer from Remington. The precision-ground blades deliver high power and efficiency and are self-sharpening, keeping them as good as new for prolonged periods of time. The blades will never pull or snag on the hair while trimming at any point.
Cordless and powered by a powerful lithium-ion battery, the trimmer offers maximum performance for 120 minutes on a single charge, and its zoom wheel setting allows you to choose from 9 hair lengths at the roll of a wheel. Its titanium coated blades make it efficient and precise while they are also easy to remove and completely washable. The only thing the trimmer lacks is dual voltage and will not work if you travel abroad, making it not a huge downside yet considerable if you are an avid traveler.
- Titanium blades are self-sharpening and long-lasting
- Zoom wheel adjustment offers 9 different cutting length modes
- Lasts 120 minutes on a single charge
- All parts are easily washable
- Blades don’t snag or pull on the hair
- Easily removable blades for quick cleanup
- Does not support dual voltage making it disadvantageous for travels abroad
7. Wahl Trimmer #9916-4301
Quality clippers that have made a name for themselves by being in the industry for almost 100 years now, Wahl trimmers and grooming devices will never disappoint. All products are crafted with precision and care to deliver only the best in all spheres. This trimmer for beard and mustache is another one of the best from the brand. An all-in-one grooming kit that includes the core trimmer tool made of sleek, stainless steel, and attachments such as 7 individual guide combs and 6 -position adjustable guide combs, there are a variety of lengths that you can get from this single trimmer.
Sporting an ergonomic design, the trimmer is smooth to hold and smoother to use and reach tight spots to trim very easily. High carbon and self-sharpening steel blades keep it as good as new with very little maintenance. The cordless trimmer comes with a lithium-ion battery that can last up to a month on a single charge if you go for a trim once or twice a week. The 8-hour recharge time compensates this and delivers performance equivalent to that of any corded trimmer. Though the motor is a little noisy and the blades are fixed, they are very efficient in doing the job quicker and better than any other trimmer out there. With an equipped travel lock, travel in style and safety with this trimmer from Wahl.
- Multiple hair length adjusting options
- Ergonomic and sleek design for a good grip
- High carbon self-sharpening and long-lasting blades
- The battery can last up to 2 months on a single charge
- High-performance motor
- Good for close-to-skin detailing and precision work
- Comes with a travel lock
- The motor is noisy
- Fixed blades make it a little tough to get the right shape
With that, we wrap up the descriptions for 7 of the best trimmers that we found in the market. Before you jump to buying one, let’s answer a few important questions that you may have and give you some advice on what type of trimmer is the perfect one for you.
How to Choose the Best Trimmer?
While looking for a mustache trimmer, you should look at your overall requirements and then choose the one that is right for you. Thus, here’s what to look for in the perfect trimmer:
By this, we mean, do you only require the trimmer for your mustache, or do you also occasionally want to shape your beard and head hair? If you need an overall carving device, it is best to opt for a slightly larger trimmer or at least one that comes with multiple attachments and blades and combs that are wide enough to fulfill those needs occasionally as well. This will make it an all-purpose device for you, and you can then use it without any hassle.
If you only like to sport a mustache, though, spending on a whole trimmer kit wouldn’t be a wise option; thus, look for a trimmer with the bare minimum,
2. Corded or Cordless:
A lot of us lack access to supporting plug points in our washrooms, and buying a corded trimmer can cause a mess anywhere else. If you are in such a situation, get a trimmer that is battery powered and offers a good battery life.
For people that travel often, it is best to get a battery-powered trimmer or look for specifications such as dual or universal voltage on the clipper to avoid hassles on trips. If you are someone that seldom uses a trimmer, go for a corded one or one with a long-lasting battery.
While some might say corded clippers offer better performance and power, it doesn’t make much a difference with cordless ones either. Thus go for the one that feels convenient to you.
The most important thing to look for in a trimmer is the attachments that it comes with. Make sure you buy one that supports multiple lengths and comes with combs of different sizes. Experimenting on what helps and suits the growth of your mustache should always be an option, and hence the more the attachments, the better the grooming will be.
Lastly, look for a clipper that is easy to clean. Hygiene remains the most important thing at all times, and trimmers that come with easy-to-clean attachments and parts can really help save time and resources in maintaining the trimmers. A waterproof trimmer does even better, but it is always best to use it on a dry beard.
How do I Trim my Mustache Properly?
Here’s a simple step-by-step guide to doing your mustache like a pro!
1. Comb: use a mustache comb to smooth out the hair on your mustache and get them straight.
2. Go from bottom to top: Start trimming at the bottom of the mustache near the upper lip and work towards the center going one side at a time. Now take the trimmer to the top near the nose, and do the same- go from the outside to the inside and pull away in short touch-ups.
3. Reduce volume: Choose a long comb from the attachments and strat trimming, now keep moving to smaller combs till you get the volume you like.
4. Recomb: now go ahead and comb the mustache again to check if it’s even and leveled. If not, do the above procedures again or simply hold the comb and chop off the uneven parts with a pair of scissors.
5. Brush: After this is done, take a mustache or beard brush and move it over the mustache to get rid of any small hair that may still be there and clean up your face.
6. Use products: Finally, with the length and volume tackled with, go ahead and groom your mustache with wax or oil to give it that crunch and hold it in place!
With that, you are now equipped to choose the best mustache trimmer for yourself while also knowing how to use it like a professional and grooming your own self with ease!
Lastly, we would like to wrap up by saying that everyone has their own preferences and needs with the kind of hair they like to keep on their body, and a trimmer always comes in handy no matter what. You can improve your grooming a lot with a small device. We hope all the information in this article will help you to find the right one for yourself!