When it comes to looking attractive and beautiful from top to bottom, we do all that we can to make ourselves look stylish. But the most confusing part is to decide about the hairstyle which we can carry with that dress or for that particular occasion. It’s not that we have limited hairstyle choices to choose from. But it is that we have so many choices of hairstyle that we get confused which one to carry. Especially, when it is about making hair braids. How easy it sounds but is actually not that easy with all that twists and turns we have to do. We also have to check that which hair braid will look good on us. And how can we forget about the occasions, obviously our hair braids also have to go along with the occasion.
To simplify your confusion related to which hair braid style you can go for as per the occasion and style, we are sharing with you around 45 Easy Braid Hairstyles. Some are way easy to do, but some are complicated which cannot be done without a helping hand. The fashion of hair braids is never going to end. And on some occasions, you cannot do your hair without a hair braid. Many people relate to hair braids for the traditional occasions only. But the reality is that hair braids are for every event. Be it a rock concert, a prom night, any formal party, or any wedding & reception ceremony or casual, hair braids are trending in every occasion. It’s just that you need to figure out the right hair braid for the right occasion.
The easy braid hairstyles which we are sharing on this page have all the collections. For a chic to a bride or a party girl, you will see all kinds of braids here. Along with that, we are also sharing with you how to do these hair braids. Some hair braids may need just 10 minutes to do them while the other hair braids may require more than an hour to finish. Let’s check out types of hair braids with how to do them.
45 Easy Braid Hairstyles with How to Do Them
(1) African American Braids
If you have long hair with full volume, then you should definitely try this hair braid. The long, sleek, and single braids all over your head will surely turn many heads around you. As this African American Braids will give you a sexy and lively look. You can also call them as a kind of box braids. But you will be able to carry this braid only if you have long hair.
How to do African American Braids:
- To start with this hairstyle braid, first, you will have to wash your hair properly. Also, condition it well.
- Now let them get dry. After that comb your hair, to untangle every knot.
- As you can see in the picture, the hair is parted from the side. So, you also have to part your hair from one side.
- Tie one side of the hair using rubber band so that it does not get mix up while doing the braids of the other side.
- With the help of tail comb, take around 1-inch section of hair by using the tail of the comb.
- Divide that section of hair into 3 parts and start braiding till you reach the end of the hair strands of that section. To secure the end, tie the hair using an elastic band.
- Similarly, start picking up 1-inch section again and again, and start making the braid by dividing it into 3 parts and doing it till the end.
- Once you are done with the one side, you can untie the other side hair and can start following the same procedure again.
- Your African American Braids will be ready now.
Tips for African American Braids
Remember, doing this braid style will take a long time, and it also needs a lot of patience. Clean up your hair always before doing this hairstyle. You can use a good oil also, to secure hair braids from letting hair come out.
(2) Big Voluminous Braid
You would have guessed by its name only that what kind of braid it is. As this braid will help in giving volume to your hair by making the braid. As you all can see in the picture, it is a beautiful big voluminous side braid. This braid can be carried on multiple occasions like wedding party, wedding reception, informal parties and at many such occasions. It also includes French Braiding in it.
How to do Big Voluminous Braid:
- To start this hair braid, first of all, curl your hair, as it adds volume to the hair.
- Leave few hair strands loose on the front on both sides with mid partition, as you can see in the picture.
- Comb rest of the hair to backward by creating a crown to get more volume.
- Now take your hair to the side where you want the hair braid to be.
- Start, braiding your hair with French braiding style. We have mentioned in this article how to do French Braiding.
- But here the braiding has to be a little loose, as then only it will look like a big voluminous braid.
- Keep adding hair to the braid as you cross each corner section over the mid one.
- Do the braiding until the end, and then tie the hair using a rubber band.
- Put some hairspray, to make your hair look beautiful. Your big voluminous braid is now ready to flaunt.
Tips for Big Voluminous Braid
As you have to keep the volume, so make sure when you add hair to each section while French Braiding, take more amount of hair every time. It will give you a perfect look of a big voluminous braid.
(3) Boho Braid
This braid is also known as bohemian braid and is one of the famous braids. They are no doubt gorgeous and easy to do. Because of being very simple yet stylish in its own way, this braid can be carried every day with ease. To give a casual look to your hair or to do a simple but attractive braid, go for Boho Braid. You can wear it with a lovely gown or dress or even with a pair of jeans and a T-shirt as well. This boho braid style is a half upbraid style. Let’s see how we can make it.
How to do Boho Braid:
- To start with this braid, firstly, do side parting of your hair.
- Now, take the tresses from the hairline area, of the side which has more hair after side partition.
- Start making a fishtail braid, but it has to be a thin braid. You can read steps of doing fishtail braid below.
- Just to add some volume, pull the fishtail braid edges, and then tie it using an elastic band.
- Take some more hairs from the same side of the hair next to this braid which you made in the above steps.
- You have to make a normal braid using three strands. So, divide the hair you took in three sections and start making a regular braid.
- When you reach the edge of the braid, pull it, to add volume. And then tie it using an elastic band.
- Now you have to take a small amount of hair from the other side. Gather the two braids and the hair from the other side together at the back of the head.
- Tie them using an elastic band, but do not take the complete hair out from the elastic. Instead, leave them halfway making a loop like that in the picture.
- Pull the elastic from both the braids but not the last one which has tied the hair of both the sides in a loop.
- Cover the elastic band which is tying hair braids and hair from both sides using your hair. And tuck it at the back using a bobby pin.
- Your Boho Braid is ready in a stylish way.
Tips for Boho Braid
This style will look beautiful on straight hair, but you can try it on curly hair as well. Whether you have to take hair for fishtail braid or three strands regular braid or the loose hair, just take a small amount of hair.
(4) Bow Braids
This braid looks cute, no matter it is carried by a teenager girl or a woman. It adds a style and fun look to your hair. But the more adorable it looks, the more difficult it is to do. If you are trying your hand on this kind of braid for the first time, then, we suggest you take help. Wear this look for a birthday bash or a casual party, to any traditional event as well. And if we talk about dresses, then from one-piece dress, to a knee-length frock, or a party gown, or pairing up with a leather jacket and denim, it will look cool. The woman in the picture is carrying a diagonal bow braid hairstyle, which we will learn here.
How to do Bow Braid:
- Start with the hair partition just above the right eyebrow’s end and take this partition diagonally to the left side. Stop around 1 inch above the left ear. And then bring it down straight towards the forehead forming a straight line.
- Tie the hair of the partitioned part using a hair band, as we have to use it later on.
- As we have to make a diagonal bow braid, so the braid will also be diagonal. Start making a French Braid diagonally which has to go towards the back side of your head. To know how to make French Braid, read below the French braid tutorial.
- Keep making the French Braid diagonally till the end. If hair tresses are not left to add in the French Braid, you can make it regular braid. Tie it with the help of an elastic band.
- It’s now the turn to make the bow, which is the main part of this braid. So, for that untie the partitioned hair. And you can use some amount of hair gel or wax to make the bow look perfect.
- To make bows, we will need hairpin. Slide the hairpin to the first top stitch of the French Braid. Take a small amount of hair from the loose hair at the top, and make a loop using it.
- By holding the loop from your left hand, slide it to the end of the hairpin.
- Slowly pull your hairpin back from the braid’s loop. The hair tail will also come along with it creating another loop. Both the loops will make a bow look.
- Once, you create a bow, remove the hairpin, and start making the other bow following the same procedure.
- Keep making the bow till the French Braid is there, but not at the regular braid.
- Your super cute Bow Braid hairstyle is ready.
Tips for Bow Braids
The tips we are sharing here are very important for making this bow braid. Remember, that you have to place the bow at the top of every French Braid stitch. The hair of the bow end should be set at the left side of French Braid so that you can easily hide them while making next bow. Once the Bow Braid is done, use hairspray to keep the bow at one place.
(5) Box Braids
You would have seen this braid mostly carried by African women, however it is one of the trending braids. It is not that difficult to make but will surely take many hours to finish. From long to medium to shoulder length hair, this look can go with all these hair types. Even you can use hair extensions as well to make them look full of volume. But then again it will become a tedious task for you. We suggest box braids hairstyle for wearing daily or for informal or casual occasions.
How to do Box Braid:
- Your hair should be clean and washed before we start with this braid. Do condition them properly using a good conditioner.
- Comb your hair from root to tip, by solving all the knots.
- To start doing it, first divide the hair into 4 equal sections, which means two at the back and two at front.
- Take one of the sections from the front and tie all the 3 sections separately using a hair band.
- Take a small amount of hair from the section which is loose and start braiding. You can do a normal braiding using 3 hair strands.
- Make sure that the braid is neither too loose nor too tight else it will hurt you and will damage your hair as well.
- Keep braiding till the end and to secure the braid, use an elastic band to tie it or either let it be like that only.
- In a similar way, braid the hair of entire section from root to tip.
- Untie other sections also one by one after finishing braids of each section following the same steps.
- You will have around 80 to 100 braids on your head, depending on the volume of your hair.
- Sleek, long box braids are now ready.
Tips for Box Braid
Do not keep this braid style for more than a month as it may damage your hair. Either sleep on a silk pillow or cover your head using silk scarf, so that it does not destroy your braids. Do, clean your scalp every week and apply hair oil. If you wash your scalp and braids gently, it will not disturb your braids.
(6) Boxer Braids
Boxer Braids give you the look of the rocking chic. You can carry this braid for different occasions like if you are going to a rock concert or you are going for girl’s night out or to a club. Initially, you will take time in making Boxer Braids, but when you make it now and then, it will become easy for you to style boxer braids.
How to do Boxer Braids:
- Before, you start, make sure your hair strands are clean and untangled. Also, apply some oil or hairspray to fix the hairstyle.
- Do two equal divisions of your hair by parting from mid to the back till neck, just like you do while making pigtails. Make sure that the partition and division of hair are done neatly.
- Tie both sections separately using elastic bands.
- Now untie one section of hair and take few hair strands from the front head of that section. Start making French braid and keep adding more and more hair to make the braid long and thick. Do remember that loose hair strands should be left while braiding. Make the braid until the end and tie it using a hair band.
- It’s turn for the other section, so untie it. And start doing the same what you did in the 1st section.
- Put some hairspray, so that the style does not get mess up by loosening of hair strands.
- Your Boxer Braids Hair Style is now ready.
Tips for Boxer Braids
If you are making boxer braids, then remember, that they look good when they are neat. So, in case if you have rough hair or curly hair, then spray some water on your hair. Do not leave any hair strands in between the braids while braiding.
(7) Braid to Bun
In many ways, you can try the braid to bun look. It can be any braid which you can hook up with the bun or around the bun. So, there is no fixed form of this hairstyle, as it includes different braids and buns. But the one in the picture is looking sassy with that messy bun. So, we will learn to create this braid to bun look. It’s a fun and casual style, which is looking vibrant. You can carry it at night out or house party or for any gaming session or such fun-filled events.
How to do Braid to Bun:
- Unlike another braid hairstyle, here you need not start with neatly combing your hair. Just start with natural hair look. No matter whether it is curly or wavy or straight.
- Firstly, tease your crown of hair. And do the partition by taking a section of the front and side hair. Tie them up using a pin or band.
- Take the hair left at the back which is loose. Hold them all together gently in your hand in a ponytail.
- Using your other hand just tuck the hair at the back making a messy bun. Secure the bun using a rubber band or an elastic band.
- We will need bobby pins now, as you have to tuck all the loose hair left at the back side of the head.
- Release the hair at the front and part them in two sections.
- Start making a regular braid using one of the sections.
- The braid will go toward the backward direction of the head.
- Once you have made the braid from one section of front hair, tuck it above the bun using bobby pins.
- Similarly, make a braid with other section also and tuck it below the first braid at the back of the head using bobby pins.
- Also, tuck the hair coming out of the braid using bobby pins.
- You will get the same look like that in the picture of a braid with a messy bun.
Tips for Braid to Bun
For getting the same look like that in the picture, you can make your hair look wavy using the hair iron or by twist straightening.
(8) Bubble Fishtail Braid
Do you want to be a braid’s queen of your girl’s group? Then, you should definitely try this bubble fishtail braid. It looks awesome not just because of its look but the way it is done. In the picture, you can see it’s been done on a smooth and straight textured hair. No worries for women with curly or wavy hair, as you can also try this Bubble Fishtail Braid.
How to do Bubble Fishtail Braid:
- Make sections of the hair, around 1-inch above your ears. Using your hands, collect your back of the head or to the crown.
- Now, we will start by making a fishtail braid. Just like we do, by picking a hair strand from the edge at outside, and then to the top, and then add it to another side.
- It’s the turn of the opposite side now. And we will do the same on this side as well.
- Keep repeating it, until you braid around 4-inches down
- Now pancake at least 4 stitches of fishtail by going back. It helps in the forming the bubbles easily.
- Once you are done with the pancaking, again do the fishtail braiding for next 4-inches.
- Repeat the steps of pancaking again, until you are left with no hair. Using an elastic band, secure the hair.
- To give more volume to bubbles, make the pancaked bubbles perfect.
- Your Bubble Fishtail Braid is done now.
Tips for Bubble Fishtail Braid
Do pancaking properly, so that the bubbles formed look nice and full of volume. As an alternative, you can use hairspray at the end to set the braid at one place.
(9) Chain Link Braid
You all would have seen this hair braid style many times carried by many sportswomen or many dancers or girls doing aerobics. It is a very sporty kind of braid, which will make you look sassy even while gearing up during sports sessions also. And being an easy braid, most of the women will be able to do the Chain Link Braid.
How to do Chain Link Braid:
- As you see at in the picture, there are three under flips did at the top of the head. So, if you wish to do that, you can also go for it by making three separate partitions at the top of the head. And then flipping the hair under the knot. Or if you wish to continue without doing it, you can just follow the below steps.
- Tug all your hair in a ponytail at the top of the crown like a high ponytail. And secure it with the help of a clip.
- Divide the ponytail into 2 sections equally. And take out one of the sections from the clip.
- Now divide the unclipped section of hair into two strands equally.
- You have to twist both of the hair strands towards the right.
- Now bring them together, and twist towards the left.
- Keep making the braid by rope twisting till the end. And then tie it using an elastic band.
- It’s now the turn of the other part of the ponytail which is still clipped. So, unclip that also.
- Now start with the first section by dividing it into 2 strands equally. And then by twisting both of them separately towards the right. After that, twisting both together to the left side. Continue braiding similarly, till you reach the end, and tie it with the band.
- Now you have 2 rope twisting braids, so start twisting them together towards the right.
- As, a result of this twisting of braids together, the interlock will get created, and will form a chain link braid.
Tips for Chain Link Braid
Do remember the direction when you will do the rope twisting. You can give finishing to this braid, by adding hairspray to it.
(10) Cornrow Braids
The name and the look of this braid make us feel how elaborate the cornrow braids are. Once you know the way to do cornrows, you will be able to do it with perfection. It is unlike other braids because it is being done on the scalp. Doing these braids, require a lot of patience and time. From thin cornrows to thick cornrows, you can go for any. Even you have the option of adding extensions also to make them look beautiful. In this picture, you can see the curved cornrows braids which are then placed together to form a bun.
How to do Cornrow Braids:
- Clean your hair properly using a good shampoo and a conditioner. And then comb your hair straight after drying them using a towel.
- Now you can divide your hair strands into thick sections with the help of a comb.
- It’s on you how you want your cornrow to be. So, divide your cornrow bundles accordingly.
- In general, the cornrows, are made from front head to back, so we will do that only.
- Now, put hair clips at every cornrow bundles end, leaving one which will help in holding them all together during the braiding of each row.
- Apply hair wax or grease to each cornrow bundle starting from the scalp till the end of the cornrow bundle.
- Now divide the cornrow bundle which is unclipped into three section equally.
- Now start braiding by moving middle one over the left one, and then the new mid one which was earlier left one over the right one. Tightly pull your hair down.
- Now, keep doing the same process, and pick up and add hair in the cornrow bundle so that you have enough of it to do braiding.
- Do braiding till the end.
- Now you have to do the same with other cornrow bundles as So, keep removing their clip one by one and continue braiding with the same process.
- Your cornrow braids will be ready once you finish braiding all the cornrow bundles.
- If you wish to leave them like that you can, or you can make them all in a bun also at the back of the head.
Tips for Cornrow Braids
Do use hair wax or grease before starting the cornrow braiding. Pull them tightly to the starting of the bundle of cornrow after the first stitch, so that they look nice and perfect cornrow. They should be tight, so pull them while braiding.
(11) Crochet Braids
No doubt that this hair braid looks extremely fascinating the way it is done. But do you know a secret about the Crochet Braids? The Crochet Braids are not the real braids, as they are the artificial braids being added or placed on your head to make you give a beautiful crochet look. There are a variety of crochet braids available in the market of different sizes and color, you can buy them, and can learn here how to place them. Coming to the look, many women like this look, and it can be worn at the workplace, at official events, to clubs and concerts as well.
How to do Crochet Braids:
- For adding crochet braids extension to your head, you will first need to do the cornrow braiding. You can read about it above.
- Start adding the crochet braids to hair with the help of a bobby pin or a crochet needle.
- To add crochet braid, you will have to slide the crochet needle under your cornrow braid with the closed latch.
- By opening the latch, the hair should be hooked on the needle. After that close the latch.
- Now you have to tug both hair and needle under the cornrow braid. Make sure you do it until you see a hoop forming of medium size.
- Now you will see the loop on one side and tail on another side of the cornrow braid.
- You have to now put the tails through the loop by folding them over the cornrow braid.
- But do not make it tight.
- Using your fingers, you have to twist the loop.
- Again, put the tails through the loop, and then tighten the hair by pulling it.
- Now, the first crochet braid or crochet hair is secured.
- Do this till you cover your complete head. And then only you will be ready with your crochet braids.
Tips for Crochet Braids
We suggest you take the help of an expert instead of doing it yourself if you are doing it for the first time. Do apply oil on your head to keep them moisturized.
(12) Dual Textured Braid
This kind of braid looks very classy as it shows the mix of two braids in different styles. As it can be made using many combinations, so you can carry the look at different occasions. This dual-textured braid looks in the picture is very pretty. One can wear it in college, any party or event, while traveling, and for many such occasions.
How to do Dual Textured Braid:
- First of all, to add texture to your hair, you need to curl it.
- Now, do a deep parting on the right side and tug all your hair to the left shoulder.
- Pick hair from the top of the head, to make a French Braid.
- The braid should go down behind your left ear.
- Start adding hair to the French Braid by picking up hair from the hairline.
- Stop making the braid once you reach the border where the head and neck meet, even if the hair strands are left.
- Make sure that the braid is tight, so, secure it using a clip.
- Start making French Braid from the hair left at the right side.
- But you have to make the braid following the back side of the neck until it meets the first braid on the left side.
- If the two braids are now meeting each other, combine the hair now.
- Make a fishtail braid now by combining the hair till the end.
- Your dual-textured hair with the French and fishtail braid combination is ready, just like the one in the picture.
Tips for Dual Textured Braid
To make this braid look beautiful and perfect, you can use hairspray as an alternative.
(13) Dutch Braid Pigtails
An easy to do a braid, and it goes well for the casual occasions. Making Dutch Braid Pigtails is not a very difficult thing to do. And you will get more and more perfection every time you will try this. You will get a funky look with this braid in just 10 minutes. And the way the girl has done in the picture by adding a color shade to the braids, it is making it look more awesome.
How to do Dutch Braid Pigtails:
- Start with parting your hair from mid from the front head to the back of the head equally, creating two sections.
- Secure one of the sections using a clip, and we will work on the other section.
- Quickly comb the other section to solve any knots, and now we will start the braiding part.
- Pick a small amount of hair strands from the front head near the hairline and make three parts out of them.
- Now, you have to make one or two stitches of crossing under braid.
- From the third stitch, start adding hair to the braid, as you do in French Braiding. But remember, it is a crossing under braid not crossing over braid. So, you have to work the strands from under not over of each other.
- Keep adding hair to both the side while braiding.
- Make sure that your braid is moving towards the back of the head in a straight line.
- Stop once you reach the back of your head or at the start of the neck.
- Now secure your Dutch Braid using a rubber band.
- Remove the hair clip from the other side and follow the same procedure that side as well.
- Make the other section braid also till the start of the neck only and secure that also using the rubber band.
- Your Dutch Braid Pigtails now are done.
Tips for Dutch Braid Pigtails
Keep adding hair to the strand after the first or second stitch.
(14) Dutch Braid
Just like the Dutch Pigtail Braids, the simple Dutch Braid also looks pretty awesome. What we like about Dutch Braid is, that you can do it easily on your own. And the Dutch Braid can be made on long hair also and medium length hair also, so this is an advantage if you have shoulder length hair. A simple Dutch Braid can go with different outfits on different events from casual to formal both. One can bring this style to everyday use as well. Here, we will learn how to do Double Dutch Braids as in the picture.
How to do Dutch Braid:
- Comb your hair to solve all the tangles and then do the mid partition equally starting from front to the back. So, now we will have 2 equal hair sections.
- Using a rubber band, secure one section. And let the other section be loose.
- The section of hair which is open, we will start making Dutch Braid from it.
- Pick hair strands from the front of the head. Divide the strands into 3 sections equally.
- Now, take the middle strand and cross it under the left strand. Now, the left strand will come in between.
- You have to now pick the left strand which is in between and cross it under the right strand.
- Repeat this step once more by crossing the mid strands under both sides strands.
- Before starting the third stitch, add hair to the side strand under which you will cross the mid-strand. So, it should be the left side strand.
- Now, do it in the next stitch also by adding hair to the right-side strand.
- So, continue braiding like this only by adding hair to both the sides and crossing the mid-strand under the side strands.
- Your braid will go toward the back side of the head.
- If you have now no hair to add in the braid, do the normal cross under braiding till the end. And then tie at the end with an elastic band.
- Unclip the other hair section and follow the same steps with that hair section also.
- Similarly, secure that braid also at the end with the help of the elastic band.
- The Double Dutch Braids are here.
Tips for Dutch Braid
Make sure you add the hair equally to both side while braiding, otherwise it will look odd.
(15) Dutch Fishtail Braid
Another Dutch Braid, with the Fishtail style. As you can see that it is a side Dutch Fishtail Braid and is looking like a classic braid. Dutch braids provide us with different varieties of braids, that can solve our problem for every occasion. Now whether it is your travel plans with your friends or plan to go for a prom night, or to a musical concert, you will look stunning with this braid hairstyle.
How to do Dutch Fishtail Braid:
- Do the side parting of the hair and comb your hair properly before we start braiding.
- Now take one side of the hair and pick hair near your hairline and divide them into three equal strands to make a Dutch Braid. Your braid should go behind your ear at least 1-inch above from it.
- Make the Dutch braid till the nape of your neck and you have to bring it to the other side from the back.
- Also, bring the hair left on this side to the other side only.
- And now, start making a fishtail braid out of it.
- You have to do it using two sections of hair. After that, add a thin hair strand from outside of left side hair.
- Put the hair over the fishtail braid by combining it with left section hair.
- In a similar way, bring hair strand from outside of right-side hair. And put it over the braid by combining it with the left section hair strand only.
- Secure the hair braid by using an elastic band.
- Tousle the Dutch Braid by gently pulling the plaits of the braids apart.
- Do the same with fishtail braid also, by slightly pulling it apart.
- You will now have a perfect Dutch Fishtail Braid.
Tips for Dutch Fishtail Braid
This will look nice only if you have long length hair. Leave a few hair strands out at the temple to give a shape to your face.
(16) Dutch Spiral Braid
The combination of the two braids will look great but it is not that easy to do. The Dutch Spiral Braids can be formed in many ways. It can be transformed into a Dutch Spiral Braid Bun also. Or can be left like a ponytail in the picture. We would not suggest this for any formal event. But you can try it in everyday use, or to the women kitty parties, birthdays, or girl’s night out like events.
How to do Dutch Spiral Braid:
- Before we start making this braid, make sure your hair is not oily and is properly cleaned using a shampoo. Do the conditioning of the hair as well.
- Dry your hair properly and then untangle them using a comb.
- With the help of your comb only, locate your head’s center and then take a small amount of hair strand exactly from the mid of the head.
- Now, you have to make a Dutch Braid, so divide it into three equal parts.
- We have already mentioned above how to make a Dutch Braid.
- Add the small hair strands to your Dutch Braid while braiding in a circular motion.
- You will see, that spiral shape is already building.
- Keep braiding till your reach the end and then tie it with an elastic band.
- Now it’s your wish either you can add the extra braid by passing it along the circular braid you have created to make it spiral and can then secure it using Bobby Pins. It will be a Dutch Spiral Braid Bun.
- Or you can tuck the extra braid at the center or at the back from the head and leaving it in the ponytail form. Tuck the hair coming out from the spiral braid on the head using hair pins.
Tips for Dutch Spiral Braid
If you want to keep this braid for a long time, it is better to put hairspray, once you finish it off.
(17) Fishtail Braids
Fishtail Braids look really very attractive if done properly. Especially those done with the thick plaits are really admirable because of the elegance they carry. Many people even after trying for a number of times are not able to do the fishtail braiding neatly. It comes in the category of braids, which one can carry with almost every outfit and on every occasion.
How to do Fishtail Braids:
- To start the fishtail braid, first untangle your hair properly by combing.
- Now take your hair together, bring it to the back of the head and make a low ponytail by tying it.
- Split the hair of your low ponytail into 2 equal sections.
- Now to make the fishtail braid, pick hair from the back of the right-side section. Cross this hair strand over the left-side section.
- Pick hair from the back of the left-side section and cross it over the right-side section.
- Keep repeating the same steps by moving downwards. Secure your hair using an elastic band at the mid-length.
- Again, start the plaiting in a similar way, this time pulling hair more tightly for a tidy finish.
- When you will reach the end, again secure your hair with an elastic band.
- With the help of a scissor, cut the elastic band you used at the top for tying your hair into a ponytail.
- If required, you can gently pull plaits a little bit away. Or else let it be like that only.
- You will now get a beautiful fishtail braid.
Tips for Fishtail Braids
Use elastic band only, so that you can cut it easily. Pull hair tightly to give the braid a perfect look. For avoiding and saving hair from flying or coming out, you can use a hairspray.
(18) Fishtail Flower Braid
This hair braid style looks lovely for all the occasions and parties. You will catch many eyes looking at you and many women talking about your hairstyle. If you have long hair, you can go for this Fishtail Flower Braid without any doubt. It is not very easy to do but also not the difficult one. With patience, you will surely be able to do this.
How to do Fishtail Flower Braid:
- Firstly, comb all your hair towards the back.
- Then take some hair strands from the right side and some from the left side. And tie them together at the back with the elastic band.
- Start making a three-strand braid now, with the help of which we will make the flower.
- Once you are done with making a three-strand braid, tie it using an elastic band after pulling one side’s braid to add volume to the braid.
- Start rolling the braid, in the shape of a cinnamon bun.
- Make sure that the side having more volume should be kept out.
- This will look like a flower, which is arranged by rolling up the braid from the end. It should be in a round shape.
- To secure the flower braid, tuck it at the place using bobby pins.
- Now pick some hair strands below the flower braid bun. And divide it into two sections.
- You have to now make a fishtail braid.
- Bring an outer strand from the right and cross it over left. And add it to left section hair only.
- In a similar way, pick an outer strand from the left and cross it over right. After that join it to the right section of hair.
- Don’t pull hair very tightly, as we need not make a tight fishtail braid. Repeat it again and again. While reaching too few inches, you can tie an elastic band to the braid.
- Again, start fishtail braiding as you did in the above steps. Depending on the length of your hair, you can divide your fishtail braid in 3 to 4 fishtails braid sections by securing with elastic bands and then doing braiding as we told you in the above step and in this step.
- Once you reach the end, you can tie your fishtail braid using a hair tie.
- You will love this style of fishtail flower braiding.
Tips for Fishtail Flower Braid
Do not make the braid very tightly, as it should look full of volume. Spray hairspray on your fishtail flower braid, so that hair should not come out of the flower braid bun and fishtail braid.
(19) Five Strand Braid
Are you bored of the typical three-strand braid? Then here, we bring for you the five-strand braid. It does look like a tricky hair braid style. And is not that easy to do. So, if you want to get this braid done, you can even ask any expert who can do the Five Strand Braid neatly. Like the one in the picture, you can make a bun from it at the back of your head or can simply let it loose.
How to do Five Strand Braid:
- Part the hair from the front from mid as we have to make two five-strand braids.
- Take hair from one of the sides and make five section out of it. So, as you have to make five sections out of it, take thick hair strands.
- Start braiding by taking the three middle strands and then making a stitch of the regular three-strand braid.
- Now we have to take the two side strands from the three strands braid.
- Pull the left-side strand of three strands braids over the extreme left strand which is not being used yet.
- Similarly, pull the right-side strand of three strands over the extreme right strand which is not being used yet.
- In a similar manner, keep braiding the three-strand braid first and then pulling the side braids of three strand over the extreme side braids of each side, as mentioned above.
- Make the braid 1-inch above the ear and keep doing it till you finish the braid. After that tie the braid.
- Now, take the thick hair section from the other side, and divide it into 5 strands equally.
- Braid this section also, just like you did the previous one till you finish it.
- If you wish to keep the braids like the five strand pigtails braid you can.
- Or you can fold them and make the bun out of the braids by tucking both side five-strand braids at the back of the lower head.
Tips for Five Strand Braid
If you want a thick five strand braid to choose thick hair strands. And if you want a sleek five strand braid, then you can take less hair.
(20) Four Strand Braid
If you do not want to spend much time in braiding your hair but want to look good, then the Four Strand Braid is for you. Just slay with the Four Strand Braid look. It can be worn normally also or at the workplace. And if talking about casual parties or travel plans, then also you can go with this look.
How to do Four Strand Braid:
- Comb your hair to the back of your head. And then gather all the hair in a ponytail shape.
- Divide it into 4 hair strands as we are doing a Four Strand Braid.
- Start with the strands in the middle. So, there are 2 strands in the middle.
- Now, bring the hair strand on the left corner under the two middle strands.
- The left middle strand will become the corner strand on the left side. And the second middle strand will become the left middle strand.
- Place the third strand from the left over the second strand from the left.
- Now, bring the strand to the right corner under the 2 middle strands.
- So again, the right middle strand will become right corner strand. And you have to place the third strand from the right over the second strand from the right.
- Repeat the above steps again for both the sides one by one until you reach the end.
- Secure the Four Strand Braid using the elastic and your braid will be ready.
Tips for Four Strand Braid
If you want to do the four strand braid exactly like the one in the picture, so you have to keep adding the hair from outside to the side strand when you take it underneath for both sides.
(21) French Braid
French Braid is favorite of many women. And it is one classic braid style which every woman can carry easily with medium to long hair. It is one of those hairstyles which are in for every occasion. Be it a wedding party, or socializing in the club, or even at the workplace as well. As you will look at the picture, you can see two French Braids. So here, we will tell you how to make these pigtail style two French braids.
How to do French Braid:
- Comb your hair, so that no knots are left. And then part your hair from mid from front head to back head till the neck. The partition should be straight without any zig-zag in between.
- Now, using a hair band tie the hair of one side, so that it does not come in between when you will do the French Braid of another side.
- Comb the hair of another side in an upward direction, away from your head.
- Once you finish combing, divide the hair at the top into three sections using your hand.
- As you have 3 sections now, start making the braid by adding some hair to one of the sections at the corner. And cross that section above the middle section making it in middle and the middle section will now be at the corner.
- In a similar way, add some hair to the other corner section and bring it over the hair section which is in the middle. And middle section at the place of that corner.
- Continue doing this by adding some amount of hair to both the corner section and making them cross over the hair section in the middle.
- Do it till you reach the end of the braid and tie it using a hair band at the bottom.
- Open the hair of another side, which you tied earlier.
- Repeat the same steps on that side also for making a French braid.
- Your two side French Braids are ready now.
Tips for French Braid
Use some hair gel before making the French Braid, so that it looks perfect without any hair coming out. While making the braid, make sure it is tight by pulling the hair of both the corner section and middle section tightly. After both the sides of French Braids are done, use a hairspray to prevent hair from flying and coming out of the braids.
(22) French Crown Braid
This braid style is a bit complicated one. And it’s not easy or possible to do this hair braid style alone. You will need a helping hand or someone else to make this French Crown Braid on your head. But once it’s done, it looks amazing and very stylish. Wearing this kind of hair braid with a party gown or by a cool chic is going to give a very glamorous look. But it is not possible to make it with the short or middle length hair, as it will look good on the one with long hair.
How to do French Crown Braid:
- As we say in every hairstyle, comb your hair from root to bottom, making them smooth without any knots.
- In this hairstyle we will need more of hair from the center, so comb the hair from the center only making half of the front hair coming all over the face or hanging in front of the face.
- Do partition of the hair from the center corner of one side or you can choose the left side above the ear. The hair will be parted in a way, like hair above the ear at the front and below the hair at back.
- From the hair above the left ear, take hair and divide it into three sections to make French braid.
- Start making French braid as we mentioned in the previous braid hairstyle. Remember, that you have to keep adding the hair from the center.
- The braid should go from the left ear to the front head around the center of the head.
- Continue making the French Braid around the head going from front head to right ear, and then back side of the head. While making the braid, make sure you do not miss on adding hair from the center head.
- Once, you reach the original position from where you started your braid, you can now make a normal braid with the hair which is left.
- Now tie the braid using a rubber band and pin it up using the bobby pins behind French Braid.
- Your French Crown Braid is now ready.
Tips for French Crown Braid
Do not forget to add the hair from the center. And to get a neat French Crown Braid, apply some hairspray or hair gel before doing this hairstyle.
(23) French Fishtail Braid
When someone says French Braid or Fishtail Braid, the oh so classic and stylish look comes in our mind. And when there is a combination braid of French and Fishtail Braid, then imagine how attractive you are going to look. Wherever you will go, you will seek all the attention because of your attractive look. You can go with this look anywhere, except the office meetings, or formal meetings and sports events. Otherwise, in every kind of party, you will look amazing with the full volume French Fishtail Braid.
How to do French Fishtail Braid:
- Comb the hair neatly, and then do mid parting of your hair just from the front.
- Now gather the hair from the crown of the head using your hands and divide it into 2 equal strands.
- Start making the regular fishtail braid with the two strands by adding the hair each time from the outer part. You can read above how to do fishtail braiding.
- Now after making 2 or 3 stitches, you can then start adding the hair from the front side in a similar way like you do in the fishtail braid.
- Keep switching the place from where to add the hair in the braid. So for once, you have to add the hair just from the outside of the braid which is next to the braid for both sides. And then you will switch to adding hair from the extreme right and left side or you can say from the front side.
- Keep doing it till you reach the neck’s nape. And after that make a regular fishtail braid till the end. And secure your French Fishtail Braid using a rubber band.
Tips for French Fishtail Braid
If you like your French Fishtail Braid to be tight then let it be like that. But if you want it to be a little loose, Then, you can slowly and smoothly pull the plaits without bringing the hair out from the braid.
(24) French Rope Braid
The French Rope Braid is a kind of French Twisted Rope Braid, which can be worn mostly during some active or sporty events. However, if given some other look like that on the side, it can be worn regularly also. It is not a very difficult braid to do but is not so easy also.
How to do French Rope Braid:
- In the French Rope Braid also, you have to start by combing your hair back and parting the hair from the mid in the front.
- Now to make this braid, firstly you have to divide the section on the front into 2 parts equally.
- And cross these sections over each other 2 times.
- Now add some more hair to both the strands from outside.
- You will now have to do twisting of the strands and have to again pass it over each other one by one.
- Keep following the above-mentioned steps till you reach to the end point and left with just 1 or half inches of hair.
- Tie the French Rope Braid using a rubber band.
Tips for French Rope Braid
While adding the strands and while twisting, make sure the hair does not come out. And pull hair tightly while adding them to make a neat French Rope Braid.
(25) Goddess Braids
These braids are originally from Africa, but you will see many Hollywood celebrities slaying the Goddess braid look at different events. These are good for the award functions, rock show, and concerts like events. The one in the pic is a combination of Goddess Braid and Box Braid. They are very time taking but the result is worth it. These are not any new braids emerging, but women are using them from quite a long time.
How to do Goddess Braids:
- To make a Goddess Braid there are different ways, so we will do like that in the picture.
- Just like in the crochet braids, the artificial crochet braids were added to the cornrow braids.
- Here, the goddess braids are being added in the ponytail with the help of the needle and hook.
- The other way to make the Goddess Braids are to do the braiding on the scalp like that in the Cornrow Braid.
- So, start the braiding from all the sides of the head to the center.
- And then, make the normal braids or long and sleek box braids.
- To make the box braids you will have to take a very small section of hair and have to divide it into 3 parts. Then, do regular braiding till the tip.
- Repeat the same by taking a small amount of hair every time, till the hair gets finish. But leave some hair strands for covering the elastic.
- Once you are done making the box braids, secure them in the form of high side ponytail. And to hide the elastic, you can use your hair strands by wrapping it over the elastic.
Tips for Goddess Braids
Whether you use extensions or you make goddess braids, do not forget to apply hair oil to keep your scalp and hair moisturized.
(26) Halo Braid
It looks so classy and distinctive than any other braid. Halo braid is a little difficult and tricky to do but once you will try this, with practice you will be able to do it easily. If you ask us, when to wear this braid, then we have a number of events for you to get this braid done. You can wear it to work every day to the formal parties, weddings, concerts, prom night, and many such events. You can make it using straight hair as well as curvy hair.
How to do Halo Braid:
- Whenever start any braid, do comb your hair to untangle any knot.
- Start with doing a side partition of hair.
- Pick the hair from the front head from one of the sections after the side partition. Also, remember that you have to pick the hair from the side which has more hair after the side partition.
- Divide the hair you picked into three equal strands for braiding.
- Now start braiding by putting the hair strands on the side over the middle strand one by one. Hold the hair tightly if you want the Halo Braid to look like that in the picture.
- Make sure that you keep braiding along the hairline and move towards the ear.
- While braiding, you can add extra hair from both sides.
- Keep braiding behind the ear to the bottom. Once you are done with this braid, tie it with a hair tie.
- Now start on the other side of the partition and make it in the same way to the bottom.
- Now it will look like you have two pigtails.
- To give a look of a full circle at the back also, place the braid on the right side across the left. And pin it up using hair pins.
- Do the same with the braid of the left side, by putting it across the right, and then secure it using hair pins.
Tips for Halo Braids
If you have curly hair and you want exactly the same look, then you need to straighten your hair.
(27) Inverted Fishtail Braid
You all have read above how to do the Fishtail Braid. Here, we will see how to do the Inverted Fishtail Braid. And do not think too much that how it will look. As it will look as amazing as the Fishtail Braid. You can see that yourself in the picture. And if we talk about how difficult it is, then do not worry, as it is not that difficult, if you can do a fishtail braid, you will be able to do it quickly and easily. You can wear this pretty look at any wedding function, any traditional event, or during travel or for night outs also. This will look beautiful on any outfit.
How to do Inverted Fishtail Braid:
- Comb your hair towards the back of the head just like you do in the normal fishtail braid.
- As we have to make an Inverted Fishtail Braid, so the technique of braiding will change.
- So, we have to do the braiding in an inverted manner. Take hair strands from the mid of the head.
- Divide it into 2 equal parts. Pick the hair strand from the outer left side and pass it under the left side strand and combine it with right strand.
- Do from the other side now, by picking up hair from the outer right side and pass it under the right-side strand and then combine it with left strand.
- Keep repeating the steps until you reach the end.
- Then, secure your inverted fishtail braid using a hair tie.
Tips for Inverted Fishtail Braid
If you want a relaxed inverted fishtail braid then don’t put the strands very tightly. But if you want to make a tight inverted fishtail braid, then pull strands tightly and hold them tightly.
(28) Lace Braid
If you do not want to do a full braid, then you can choose lace braid also. Here, we will guide you on how to do this upward lace braid. Whether you try it on a teenage girl or a woman in 20’s, it will compliment everyone. You can try it on wavy or curls also. No particular occasion is needed to try this look, as it will suit most of them.
How to do Lace Braid:
- Start with combing and detangling your hair properly.
- You have to then do a middle partition of the hair from front dividing the hair into two equal parts.
- From the right side of the hair, take some hair strands. Divide those hair strands into two equal parts.
- Start creating a braid now, by picking up the hair strands from the outer portion and adding it to the braid just like you do in the French Braid or Fishtail Braid.
- Make sure you create the braid around the head like that in the picture. And make the braid length only till the crown, leave rest of the hair like that.
- Using the bobby pins tuck the hair properly at the back of the head at the crown.
- Now take the hair strands from the left side of the hair and divide them into equal parts.
- Repeat the same procedure as you did for the right side and at the end tuck that also at the crown joining both the braids together.
- You can use a bow to put at the crown where both the braids are joining.
- Now you have a beautiful lace braid.
Tips for Lace Braid
At the end, if you want to use the hairspray, you can. Do not make the lace braid very thick.
(29) Ladder Braid
This braid style is trending these days. For women who have long tresses, do try this style for once. And, you will surely go for it again and again. The ladder braid can be made in different styles. It has a class and looks great especially on the straight hair. You can decide yourself, on which occasion you would like to do this braid.
How to do Ladder Braid:
- For making this Ladder Braid, start by picking up a small strand of hair from any of the side (you can choose according to yourself).
- You have to make a waterfall braid with twisting the hair strands. As you can see in the picture, the top one is the waterfall twist braid and the bottom one is the lace braid.
- You can read below how to do waterfall twist braid. Once you reach the end of doing waterfall twist braid, tie it up using a hair tie. Remember, you have to make it till you reach the center of the head.
- While you are doing waterfall twist braid, ask someone to help you in holding the waterfall strands which you passed in between the twists.
- Again, take small strands of hair just 1-inch below the waterfall twist braid.
- Start doing the lace braid by reading the instruction from the lace braid tutorial which we have mentioned above.
- While doing lace braid, you have to pass the same waterfall strands from between the lace braid, that is why we asked you to take a help of someone in holding those hair strands.
- Keep passing each waterfall strand from every stitch of lace braid.
- Once you reach the point where waterfall strands get over, just tie using a hair tie.
- You will now see both braids together giving a look of Ladder Braid.
Tips for Ladder Braid
For Ladder Braid, you can use even normal waterfall braid also at the top instead of using waterfall twist braid. Use hairspray after completing the braid, so that the hair coming out should stick to one place.
(30) Lattice Braid
With the different colors shade, this braid is looking very vibrant and sassy. You can also call the lattice braid as the basket braid. It does look easy but it is a bit tricky braid. You will need someone to help you doing the Lattice Braid. You can wear this braid on different informal or casual occasion. You can also get your hair colored like the one on the picture, to make your braid look more stylish. We are going to explain you about how to do a normal lattice braid.
How to do Lattice Braid:
- Start with combing hair towards the back. Then, we will start making the Lattice Braid.
- Take, around 4 hair strands from your head, depending on how big lattice braid you want.
- Now, ask someone to hold all these strands separately and vertically.
- You have to now pick one more strand from the left side and start moving it horizontally.
- When you will move the braid horizontally, you have to pass it under and over these 4 vertical strands. Start by passing the hair strand horizontally under the 1st strand. Then over the 2nd strand, again under the 3rd strand, and over the 4th strand. Ask that person to hold this horizontal strand also.
- Now pick the other strand to pass it horizontally, and this time you have to pass it over the 1st strand, then under the 2nd strand, again over the 3rd strand and then under the 4th strand.
- Let that person hold the second horizontal strand also.
- In a similar way, pass around 4 more horizontal hair strands from the vertical strands. But remember you have to keep switching the order. Like the third horizontal strand will go under the 1st vertical strand, then over the 2nd strand, again under the 3rd strand, and over the 4th strand.
- And then the 4th horizontal strand will be vice versa of the 3rd one.
- Once you have done it, you can then either pin up the horizontal strands behind.
- And tie the vertical strands using a hair tie. This will give it a look of the basket.
Tips for Lattice Braid
Hold the strands tightly, to give the lattice braid a nice look.
(31) Mermaid Braid
There are many women around the world who are a fan of Mermaid Braid. The braid looks so elegant and beautiful, that every woman would love to get it. Even many Hollywood and Bollywood actresses also have tried this hair braid. You can wear this hair braid with different dresses, as it will suit any dress style.
How to do Mermaid Braid:
- You have to start by taking a section of hair from the head’s top near the hairline.
- Divide the section of hair into 2 strands equally.
- You have to braid it like the fishtail with a little bit of technique.
- So, initially for the first stitch, you will do as fishtail braid by taking hair from the left side and crossing it over the left strand and then joining it with right strand.
- After that, take the hair from the right side and cross it over the right strand and then join it with left strand.
- Now, start taking hair from the hairline also and add it while braiding.
- So, above steps will go same, but when you will cross the right-side strand with the right-side hair and will join it with left side strand, also add the hair from the right-side hairline to the left side strand.
- And when you will cross the left side hair over the left strand and will add it to the right strand, also take hair from the left side hairline and add it to the right strand.
- Continue braiding using the same steps mentioned above until you reach the neckline.
- From the neckline, you can do the normal braiding, as you did in the first step, but you have to pass the hair under the strand instead of passing it over the strand.
- Once you reach at the end, just tie your braid using an elastic band.
Tips for Mermaid Braid
Pick the equal hair from the hairline while braiding. In the end, you can also try normal fishtail braid instead of the reverse fishtail braid.
(32) Micro Braids
These braids are mostly for the women with curly hair. And this style is being carried mostly by African women. They can be simply done by using the reverse three-strand braid. But on the other hand, one needs to invest a lot of time in braiding the micro braids. You may need someone’s help also to do these braids. So, here we are sharing with you how to do regular micro braids.
How to do Micro Braids:
- Firstly, do the basic things what you need to do before the braiding like washing hair, conditioning them, oiling them, and dry them. After that detangle all the hair strands.
- For short hair strands, it is a bit easy to do, but for long hair, it is time taking. So divide your hair strands into many small sections.
- Now take that small section and divide it further into three parts so that we can make a three-strand reverse braid.
- To do a reverse three-strand braid, you will have to pass take the left strand and pass it under the middle strand, which makes the middle strand the left side strand and the left one the middle strand. Now, take the right-side strand, and pass it under the middle strand. So, the middle strand will become the right strand and the right one will become the middle strand.
- Complete the braid until the end.
- Repeat the same for all the sections of your hair, and your micro braid will be ready.
Tips for Micro Braids
It is very essential to moisturize the hair, as your hair may become dry after making these braids. So, at least oil your hair and scalp once or twice in a week.
(33) Milkmaid Braid
The Milkmaid braid is up for the summer fashion and the spring fashion. It has been styled by many Hollywood celebrities at different events. It is not very difficult hair braid style but reflects elegance in the style. You will look absolutely beautiful with this look. If you have long hair, do try this hair braid style.
How to do Milkmaid Braid:
- We will start with doing the partition of hair in two parts from front to the neckline.
- Now, pick hair from any of the sides, and start braiding.
- You have to make a normal braid, which has to go horizontally towards your face.
- Once you are done with making this regular braid at one side, tie it with a hair tie.
- Now, do the same on the other side of your head also.
- After that, take anyone braid, put it over the head’s top but around 1-inch away from the hairline or the forehead.
- Similarly, take the other braid, and put that too also over the head.
- Tuck the end of both the braids under each other using a hairpin or bobby pin.
- Also, secure the braids using the bobby pins, so that the braids remain at one place. Your milkmaid braid look is now ready to flaunt.
Tips for Milkmaid Braid
Do not braid hair very tightly. Leave some hair strands in the front of the face, to give a frame to the face. You can also make use of hairspray for both the braids.
(34) Natural Hair Braids
Another hair braid, which is mostly being used by the women if Africa or America. The natural hair braids have different variations. And it can be made using the neck length hair, mid-length hair, and the long hair as well. Most of these braids are being made using the box braids and the cornrow braids style. Women do use extensions also to carry these braids look.
How to do Natural Hair Braids:
- To make the natural hair braids, you will have to do the box braiding only.
- So, firstly start with cleaning up of hair, and then dry it properly. Brush your hair to remove knots.
- You can do the cornrow braiding at one side in horizontal direction like in the picture, you can see cornrow braiding is done from left to right horizontally. (For doing cornrow braiding you can read the steps above in the cornrow braid tutorial).
- Then, you can start the box braiding on the other side, which means the right side of the hair.
- For that, you have to divide your hair into many small sub-sections.
- Take any one small sub-section and do the division of it in three parts. Start braiding the regular braid using three strands from root to tip.
- Keep braiding all the sub-sections in a similar way.
- To tie the hair or to secure them, dip all the sub-section braids into hot water. It will keep them from opening. So, now your natural hair braids are ready.
Tips for Natural Hair Braids
Do not tie, the box braids very tightly, as it will affect your hair and scalp both. No matter for how long you keep this natural hair braid but do wash your braids at least one time in a week and apply oil as well. Also, use satin or silk pillow cloth or either wrap your braids in satin or silk cloth while sleeping.
(35) Pull Through Braids
A new name in the list of braids but look wise this looks fabulous and hot. In the picture, you will see a horizontal pull through the braid. It can be done vertically also, and that also looks quite glamorous. It is much easier to do this braid than some other braids. And for occasions like wedding, prom night, clubbing, night out, this look is going to rock.
How to do Pull Through Braids:
- First of all, you have to do a side parting of the hair, and we will start braiding with the part which has more hair.
- So, we are starting with the left side. Divide the hair on the left side in a triangle shape section. And secure it with the elastic band.
- In a similar way, you have to pick some more hair strands behind the first tie in the same shape. Tie this one also using an elastic band.
- Now, split the first hair tie into 2 parts, and take the second hair tie, and put it in between the first hair tie split.
- Combine the 2 split sections of the first hair tie again, so that they can wrap the second hair tie section which is in the middle of the two.
- Take some hair strands from outside and bring them to the split parts of the first tie. So, in total now there will be three hair strands including the 2 split hair strands of the first tie and one new hair strand.
- Tie all the three together, using a hair tie. This makes the third hair tie.
- Now split the second hair tie section into two small parts and bring the third one in between the two. Clip the third one like you did the second one before.
- In a similar way, as you did for the first tie, bring the split sections of the second tie together along with some hair strands from outside. And tie the three strands together making use of a hair tie. This will make a fourth hair tie.
- Keep repeating the above steps, until you reach the right side.
- Starting from the right side, pull the sides of the pull through braid slowly and gently, so that it looks full of volume.
- Do, it with all the sections, so that they look same in size. And your pull through braid is now ready.
Tips for Pull Through Braids
To hold this style for a long time, spray some hairspray on the pull through the braid. You can also make the vertical pull through braid in a similar manner.
(36) Rope Braid
Carrying a hair braid which looks very stunning and sporty at the same time is what many women want. The Rope braid is one such braid which can be done easily and gives a strong look to your hair. If you are a sports person, I will definitely suggest this one to you. Even you can carry it normally also like that in the picture. Here, we will guide you how to make a regular rope braid.
How to do Rope Braid:
- Clean your hair and then dry it. After that comb, it properly to solve all the tangles to avoid any bumps in the braid.
- After brushing up your hair towards the back, bring your hair together at the crown of the head, to make it into a high ponytail.
- Tie the ponytail using a hair tie, and then take some hair strands from under the ponytail and wrap it around the hair tie to hide it.
- Now, divide your ponytail hair into 2 parts equally. Hold the right section in right hand, and the left one in the left hand.
- Now, start twisting both the section tightly but individually in the clockwise direction.
- After that, start twisting both the sections of hair around each other in the opposite direction.
- Once you reach at the end, tie them using an elastic band.
Tips for Rope Braid
You can use hair cream to bring the smoothness in the braid. In the end, you can use hairspray so that the hair strands in the rope braid do not break and come out because of twisting.
(37) Senegalese Twist Braids
Mostly used by the African-American women, this braid has now made its own place among the other braids. You will see many women of Hollywood carrying the Senegalese Twist Braids or Buns look. Braiding this one is difficult to do, and you can even add the extensions for saving your time. Depending on the event you can either let your Senegalese twist braids loose or can tie them up in a ponytail or a bun or maybe fusion also.
How to do Senegalese Twist Braids:
- As these braids are going to be on your head for quite a long time, so it will be good if you can wash them properly and moisturize them. Let them get dry and then comb them to solve the knots.
- With the help of a rat tail comb, you can part some section of hair strands at your head’s back.
- Secure rest of your hair strands using hair clips.
- Now, the hair section you separated will be the 1st row, and you have to take a small section from it in the shape of a box, which will be of the size of your finger’s width. Again, secure the rest of the hair strands in that row using hair clips.
- Now divide the hair of that box-shape section into 2 parts equally.
- With the help of your fingers, you have to start twisting the sections in the right direction while holding the root of that section tightly. Keep twisting until they form a coil like a shape.
- Do this with the other section also. And then you can switch the place of the two sections by putting the right coiled section over the left one.
- Complete twisting the hair of the whole row by using the above steps by dividing them first into the box.
- Once you are done with the row, start taking another row above it and do the same with them. Keep doing it till you finish the whole head hair.
- For securing all these braids, you can dip the end of these braids into hot water for sealing them.
Tips for Senegalese Twist Braids
Do use oil on your Senegalese Twist Braids at least two times a week. You can make the use of extensions also following the same steps.
(38) Skeleton Braids
Skeleton braids are also medium level braids which can be made easily but will need some effort. Most of these kinds of braids are for all the occasions. And you can wear this braid with different outfits as well, from the denim to the dresses. The skeleton braid in the picture is not that difficult to make, so let’s start with it.
How to do Skeleton Braids:
- Your hair should not have any knots, so make sure you untangle them before we start the braiding process.
- Now bring all your tresses back and pick some hair strands from the center.
- You have to now make a regular braid by these hair strands. So, divide them into three sections, and start making a regular three-strand braid. If you don’t know how to make one, you can read it in the tutorial below.
- Make sure you make a very sleek braid, so pick hair also according to that only in the starting (above step).
- Once you are done with the braiding part, secure it using a rubber band.
- Now, loosen the plaits of your braid by pulling them slowly.
- It’s now the turn to pull some hair strands from both sides of your face as well. And add them to the braid, like you can see in the picture, the braid is covered with hair strand from both sides making a rib or skeleton structure.
- Keep doing the same till you reach the end.
- You can also twist the strands which you have added to make this braid.
Tips for Skeleton Braids
To get this braided look, you need to have straight hair, so if you have curly hair use straightener. Also, at the end use hairspray to keep braid perfect.
(39) Spiral Braids
Spiral braids is something very unique and gorgeous to make. After looking at this braid, many ladies find it difficult to do. But actually, it is not that difficult. And if you will learn to do it once, you can try it again and again.
How to do Spiral Braids:
- After combing your hair, use your comb to get your head’s center. And from there pick up some hair strands.
- Divide the hair strands into 3 equal parts for braiding.
- Start making the regular braid in the starting, but the braid has to go around in circular motion.
- While making a braid, keep adding the hair strands to it from the side and that too in circular motion only. It will be like a French Spiral Braid.
- Continuously keep braiding in the same way, you will notice the spiral braid forming.
- After reaching to the end, keep braiding till the tip. And tie it using a hair tie.
- To make the extra braid a part of your spiral braid, you can pass it from any of the circles. And to secure that extra braided part, you can secure it using a bobby pin.
- Your spiral braid is now ready.
Tips for Spiral Braids
In case, any hair strands are coming out, use hair pins to put them back at their place. And you can also make use of hairspray to keep the braid for a long time.
(40) Three Strand Braid
A three strand braid is one of the most common braids which most of us know. We have been doing this braid from our childhood, but still many of us don’t know how to do it. And we take others help for doing it. But with the steps we are going to share with you all here, you all will not at all need anyone’s help in doing a three-strand braid. Most importantly, that this braid goes with almost everything, and it is being used with other braids also as a fusion.
How to do Three Strand Braid:
- The first thing you need to do is to untangle your hair by combing it properly.
- Comb your hair back, and then from the crown of the head, pick a thick amount of hair strands. And divide them into 3 sections.
- We will now start braiding the three-strand braid. So, take the left strand and put it over the middle strand. By doing this the middle strand will come on the left side and the left one in the mid.
- Now, cross the right strand over the mid-strand, making mid-strand at right. And right strand in the mid.
- Follow the above-mentioned steps again and again and turn by turn, which means left one then right one and so on.
- By doing this you will reach at the end and the braid will get complete.
- Tie the braid with the help of an elastic band.
Tips for Three Strand Braid
Here we have told you about the simple three-strand braid. But you can try different variations or can make even two three-strand braids also.
(41) Triple Fishtail Braid
We already love fishtail braids, and when we see that there are many variations available in the fishtail braid, we feel like trying every braid. As it looks stunning and very pretty also. In this triple fishtail braid, three fishtail braids are being braided together to make this braid. There is no doubt how beautiful this braid will look for any wedding related occasion or parties also.
How to do Triple Fishtail Braid:
- If you know how to make a fishtail braid, then you can easily make the triple fishtail braid.
- Properly comb your hair by solving all the tangles. Then, divide your hair into three parts. One part at the back and the other two parts at both sides.
- Pick any of the sides and start making fishtails braid from it by dividing it into two strands.
- You can check above the method of doing fishtail braiding, and you have to follow the same.
- Once you are done with the fishtail braid of one side, secure it using an elastic band.
- Take the hair strands of another side, and again you have to make the fishtail braid only. So, follow the process given above in the fishtail tutorial and braid it.
- After finishing the other side braid, just tie it up using an elastic band.
- It’s now the time to take the third section of hair which is at the back and start doing the fishtail braiding. After finishing the fishtail braid, secure this braid also with an elastic band.
- Now you have 3 fishtail braids on your head. And you have to braid them together to make a Triple Fishtail Braid.
- You can start braiding all the fishtail braids like you do a regular braid of three strands.
- And once the triple fishtail braid comes to an end, tie it using a hair tie.
Tips for Triple Fishtail Braid
Make use of hairspray, so that your triple fishtail braid looks as beautiful as the one in the picture.
(42) Waterfall Braid
Whether it is a back-waterfall braid or the one on the side, both looks great. The good part about the waterfall braids is, that you need not worry about your hair texture or hair type. It can be done on straight smooth hair and on curvy and wavy hair too. It suits both the formal and the informal occasions. A neat side waterfall braid for an office party is perfect. And in a similar way, it adds charm to your look when you wear a back-waterfall braid with curvy hair for a wedding reception.
How to do Waterfall Braid:
- As it is a side waterfall braid, so, first of all, do side parting of the hair.
- You can make a braid on any of the sides, so we are doing it on the right side.
- Take hair from the front head near to the hairline and divide the hair into two parts.
- Make the hair strand near the hairline cross over the other hair strand.
- Bring a new hair strand from the inner side of the head, and make it fall on the inner strand passing it under the strand near the hairline.
- Let that new hair strand which you added from outside fall in between the braid giving a waterfall look.
- Repeat the same steps again by crossing the outer strand which is towards the hairline over the inner strand. And then adding a new fall by passing the new hair strand from the top of the head in between the braid.
- You have to braid it till you reach the crown of the head.
- Once you reach there, you can either secure the hair with the help of elastic or bobby pins. Or you can continue braiding but, it has to be a normal three strand braid. And tuck the braid at the back of the head at the crown.
Tips for Waterfall Braid
You can use hairspray to make this side waterfall braid looks more perfect.
(43) Waterfall Twist Braid
Waterfall Twist Braid is not much different than the regular waterfall braid. Here, the braid is being made by twisting it. It can be made without much difficulty. A gown or a dress will perfectly go with this braid. Even you can wear it on denim and tops as well. Because of the curvy hair, this braid is looking full of volume. It will look dazzling on anyone who will wear this braid.
How to do Waterfall Twist Braid:
- After combing and parting your hair from the front mid, you have to start the process of braiding.
- For braiding, you will have to take a large amount of hair from one side of the front head.
- Do the division of the hair strands into 2 equal parts. And hold them just like you do during the regular waterfall braid.
- Put the outer strand over the other strand.
- Now, take extra small hair strands from the partition side and put it over the hair strand on the inner side and then under the hair strand on the outer side.
- You will need someone’s help for holding that hair strand which you passed in between the braid.
- Again, cross the outer side strand of the braid over the inner side strand. Take the extra hair strand again and make them fall from the mid of the two braids. But make sure that the braid should go cross over the inner strand of the braid and should pass under the outer strand of the braid.
- Ask the person to hold this hair strand also which you passed between the braid.
- Continuously keep doing the same steps as mentioned above till you braid around your head.
- To secure the braid, use bobby pins. And your waterfall twist braid is ready now.
Tips for Waterfall Twist Braid
Take a thick section of hair for the waterfall braid, so that you can complete the braid and reach the other corner of the head.
(44) Zig Zag Braids
If you will look at the picture, you will find that this braid hairstyle is a mixture of two braids hairstyle. One is the zig-zag braid hairstyle and the other one is the waterfall braid hairstyle. We have already checked above how to do Waterfall Braid Hairstyle. This zig-zag braids hairstyle will surely catch many eyes. For the occasions like a wedding ceremony or reception, or any grand house party or traditional party, this look is completely perfect.
How to do Zig Zag Braids:
- Brush your hair towards the back, and then you have to start braiding.
- You can start braiding from any side, either right or either left.
- We are going to guide you how to start braiding from the right side. Take hair strands from the right side from the hairline and around 1-inch above the ear.
- Divide the hair into 3 sections equally and start braiding diagonally from right to left.
- While braiding when you will move from right to left, also keep adding the outer hair strands in the braid on both sides. This will help in attaching the braid to the head only with the help of strands.
- Once your reach to the left while braiding, now start braiding towards the right and that too diagonally by adding outer hair strands.
- Keep moving the braid diagonally after reaching to the left and right corner.
- Once you reach the end of the braid that is the tip of the hair, all the hair should be attached to the braid.
- You will see a zig-zag braid at your back.
Tips for Zig Zag Braids
You can try any other braid also like the fishtail braid or lace braid for braiding Zig Zag Braid. Try this only if you have long hair, as this does not look great on medium or short length hair.
(45) Zipper Braid
Coming to our last braid, which is the Zipper Braid, it looks stunning. But when it comes to styling and doing this braid, it is not that easy task. It goes well for someone with long tresses but needs an expertise in braiding to do this style. Being one of the stylish updo hairstyles, you can carry Zipper braid at any formal party.
How to do Zipper Braid:
- To start this braid, first of all, wet your hair and comb it properly.
- We will start by taking a small amount of hair from the top of your head. Now divide the hair strands into 3 parts.
- Start braiding it by placing the middle strand over the left strand. So, now the left strand will be the middle strand and you have to take this strand over the right strand.
- Now, after the first stitch, take the strand in the middle over the strand at the left. And now instead of taking it over, take it under both the strands at right.
- You will have to take someone’s help to hold it.
- Take hair from the right side of your head as a new strand and cross it over the middle strand. And then cross it below the left strand.
- Again, you will need someone to hold it.
- Your base stitches for the zipper braid are now ready.
- Make sure that both the strands at left and right which was asked to hold are held by someone.
- Take some hair from the left side and cross it over the middle strand and then below the right strand. Ask the person to hold this strand as well.
- Bring the first stand at right held by that person under the second or new strand.
- Then, add this strand to the middle one.
- Now, repeat the same steps for both right and left side, until you have no hair left to add in the braid.
- Make a regular braid with the left hair strands. And twist it to make a bun from it.
- With the help of bobby pins, secure the bun at the required place.
- You will see the zipper braid hairstyle now on your head.
Tips for Zipper Braid
Do wet your hair before doing it. You can also add hairspray once you finish it.
So, here is the end to all the beautiful hair braids which we have selected for you. We tried our best to share the simplest steps for making these braids so that you can do it with ease. After looking at these easy braid hairstyles, we are sure you cannot say that braids hairstyle is out of fashion. As it is now trending everywhere. Now, you have a collection of different stylish and classy braids which you can wear on the number of occasions or even day to day also. Do try these hair braids and let us know which one you liked the most.